What To Expect From The Sotogrande Golf Course
The Sotogrande golf course features 18 holes par 72 with a grand view. The course offers plenty of green with lots of trees, slopes and water hazards. The course offers great practice for players looking for a good challenge. The design features a long fairway with holes strategically placed around and throughout the area. Studying a map and scorecard will be quite helpful for anyone planning to enjoy the course. Here are a few things to expect when you play the Sotogrande golf course.
- Putting areas are well maintained making for fast greens all year round. If you enjoy playing on fast greens this is the course to consider. The Sotogrande is said to have a great maintenance routine that keeps the course looking great and the greens maintain their feel. This is important for players who are used to playing on fast greens or those who want to challenge their abilities and play on greens a little different than what they are used to.
- Many holes require good strategy and technique before play. This is especially true for water hazards and bunkers placed throughout the course. The course has a strategic layout that includes a number of bunkers and hazards throughout the course. This means your methods and techniques will be put to the test as well as your accuracy.
- There are many slopes throughout the course with greens elevated. This course features a considerable amount of slopes and hills. This could be a challenge for those who are used to playing on flat areas, but you can utilize other techniques you often don’t use more often here.
- It is suggested to ensure you have enough club to play the course with many holes having long distances between them. Aside from playing holes with hills, slopes and fast greens, you also need to consider distance. A few holes have wide distances in between making for a real challenge and a test for your backswing abilities.
- The Sotogrande golf course offers great challenges for new or seasoned players to enjoy. While the fairways offer great distance and open space, there are a variety of trees throughout the course that make some holes challenging to make par. Few players who have had the pleasure of playing the course say the trees throughout add to the challenge of trying to stay within par.